Glasses-free 3D Time Crisis on iPad:
This is Time Crisis 4 for iPad. It uses Glasses-free 3d for a stunning gameplay experience. This is true anamorphic 3d, which means you don’t need glasses to get a full 3d effect. Just tilt the iPad and the iPad2’s camera tracks your eyes so everything looks like real 3D! Watch the video from cnet below for a quick what’s-what on how it works.
I predicted games like this 4 years ago with the release of the first iPhone. The combination of the front facing cameras and accelerometers in the iPad 2 make this an unbelievable gaming experience.
The Bad News:
This is still not real! There have been exactly zero first/third person shooters that use anamorphic 3d for awesomeness. The screenshot above is a [pretty impressive, i may say] photochop by yours truly.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the year 2011. We have robots driving robot cars and playing robot tennis. Random people sending iPhones into outerspace just because they can. How do we still not have awesome anamorphic shooters on the iPad?!
The Good News:
For a relatively small development budget you could have a proof-of-concept-version-1.0-anamorphic-3D-on-rails-first-person-shooter-for-iPad-2-and-iPhone-4, and you would make $10 million.
Free Business Idea:
Step 1: Just build something like:
- Use anamorphic 3d first person shooter. Something akin to a Time Crisis for Area 51.
- Easy gameplay: spray and pray style shooting, tap to reload. that’ll be 98% of it right there.
- Just make 10 minutes of gameplay, and then repeat it.
- Maybe some aliens? Or zombies?
- Or both?!
Step 2: Collect money
- Turns out people have a long history in falling over each other to give away their money to pretty-graphics-and-novelty.
Or, if you just like to program a lot:
Email me. Twitter me. Linkedin me. Get in touch. We won’t wait for the world any longer. We’ll do this thing.